Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My day in New York


Wicked
As many of you know I was in training on the east coast. Well I got a chance to hang out in New York for one day. I arrived at 10:30am. Me and "The Suz" hung out (yes my best friend) she moved there for good a few weeks ago. Now before we met I told her that there were two things I wanted to do 1. see the Statue of Liberty 2. See the play Wicked. Well the first one was easy we took the Staten Island ferry and I got a chance to see it. The second task was not so easy. The Suz could not get tickets and the only tickets I could find were $175 and up. So I told her let go see if we could get cancelled ticked at the box office. Well as we arrived at the theatre there was a long line. I knew this could not be the cancelled tickets line so we went inside. Inside we were informed that the line outside was for a raffle. Meaning if you won the raffle you would only have to pay $25 dollars for tickets. Well I entered, we won and to top it off our tickets were in the FRONT ROW. The play was excellent and I guarantee you will never look at the "Wizard of OZ" the same.




Paul Mooney

Before we went to see "Wicked" I saw that Paul Mooney was performing. I love Paul, his comedy is raw and insightful. Well when we signed up for tickets I thought his show would start at 10 or 11. Oh no just my luck it started at 12:30am and the host of the venue said he could be on for 1 1/2 hours or 3 hours. This was also before we knew that his best friend Richard Pryor had passed. Note: (R.I.P.) Brother Richard, I still remember how me and my friends would sneak to play you records with the sound so low we would have to place our ear to the speaker. Well the last train back to New Jersey left at 1:40am and the next train did not leave until 5:14am. Well I decided I had to see Paul and he did perform and again his show was off the hook. Not only was his comedy on point but he keep talking about white people and how they treat the world like it belongs to them. As he was doing this he keep looking at this white guy next to me who did not laugh the whole show ( but his wife did). One last this that made the show awesome was seeing Paul's girlfriend butt crack. Who is his girlfriend ? None other than "Stacy J" of the Apprentice.



After the show I got back to my hotel room at about 6:30am. It was a long 20 hours but thank "SUZ" for a great day.

Comments:
I sooo miss New York! Thanks for taking me there and helping me feel the 'vibe' :)
 
Sounds like you had a good time. I have been dying to see Wicked, but it doesn't come to Miami till Feb.
 
I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip to NY :)

Happy New Year
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]