Friday, October 07, 2005

My Mentor


My Mentor
I had a job interview yesterday and was asked who was the person who I admire the most. Every time I'm asked this question I answer this question with the same answer "My father". This is the man who taught me the meaning of being a "Man". I want to give a shot out to my father. This is the man who do so many things for his family, I only hope to do the same one day. He took care of business. Every summer we went on a trip. We rode in a car (not on an airplane) and bonded. He exposed me and the other twin to things that made my friends in the neighborhood jealous. He was hard on us. I understand why he would not let us do certain things because every one else was doing it. My dad did not start school until he was 7 or 8 and did not finish until he was 19 or 20. I learned this winter that he had to walk to school and that he quit a few times because he was tired of walking. He did not go when it rained and at certain times of the year because he had to work in the fields. Education was very important to him and he made sure he saved so that me and my brother could go to school. He taught me the meaning of hard work and how to be a father and husband. To always take care of business. He told me to make sure you have you own stuff. That way you don't have to ask any one for nothing. This is also a person who would help anyone. When I say anyone I mean anyone. I have know him to help strangers along with friends. As a kid I always had to "hold the light" when he was fixing things. I did not know how much I had learned when it comes to fixing things. This comes in handy when women call me and ask me to put something up or I just came back from Home Depot can you help me. This has been a rough year financially and I was not going to ask for help but he told me that being a man also means asking for help. Thanks dad!


HR Woman
I had an interview yesterday in Chicago. They flew me there for an 4 hour interview. I would have to move there which is no problem. That was not the issue. I had to interview with 4 individuals and the first person I interviewed with was from HR. It was a sister and I can only say one thing she was fine. At times when she was talking to me it was hard to concentrate and I know I blew some of the answers that she asked me. I could not help it I keep looking into her eyes and thinking "damn she is gorgeous" This has never happen to me before. Usually I interview with men or unattractive females. Never have I interviewed with a woman who I wanted to ask out. This sucks because not only do I want the job because it will be a great opportunity but I also want the job so that I can go out with her. I know don't play where you eat, been there and done that before. (another post) But she was fine.

Comments:
Hey Twin,
I know all about holding the light. My dad would have me outside over one car or another holding the light. However, I use to get fussed at because my hand would drift alittle moving the light around. My dad would then dismiss me in favor of hanging the light on something. When I was young this would hurt my feeling because I would feel like ...Dang I can't even hold the light right. When I got older I was grateful for the dismissal because 9 times out of 10 I didn't want to be out there anyway. But I must say I learned alot that at the time I didn't even realize I was taking in.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]