Friday, September 02, 2005

Life and more

Hurricane Katrina
A lot has been said about the Hurricane and I need to add my two cent. First here is the Mayor of New Orleans expressing his views. America has showed us again that we as black people are not important. The media has done this with very little reporting of missing African-American sisters compared to our white counterpart. Now with our people thirsty and hungry we get criticized for trying to survive.

Finally, if you have not given any money to the Red Cross or any other organization, then as an American especially a Black American don't you every talk to me. A thought for all the club owners don't charge a cover. Set up a box and use the 5, 10 for 20 dollars you charge and give it to charity.

eharmony

A few months ago I made a bet with a friend of mine "The Suss" about eharmony and how they only show one black couple who found love using this site. My point was a lot of online dating services cater to whites. White women tend to fall in "love" in one night and they will do anything to find a man. Brothers & Sisters are more selective in what do to find love. We as Black people like the old fashion way of meeting people, Clubs and the Hookup. Secondly I told her that no machine can put two people together for love and romance. The bet we made was that I will sign up and we will see if any of the people who are suppose to be my match are someone she would date if she were me. The winner of this bet would get dinner and bragging rights. So for 3 months we checked to see my dates. She would do the picking and I would communicate with them. So for all the people who sent a picture she could not find one person. Now remember I was not doing the picking. "The Suss" was the judge. She was just disgusted. Everyweek I laughed and said"I told you." Needless to say I won the bet. I'm back to my old ways of going to club and getting the hookup from friends.


Comments:
You're absolutely right about the "looting" vs "finding". And the president sure came on caring more about things than people in his "looting" comments ... I mean, what were these people supposed to do, just sit around and die of dehydration and hunger? It's like when a woman says what she things, she's a "bitch", but when a man does the same, he's "straightforward".
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]