Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A good Man



A good Man
As someone who has a lot of female friends , I hear the statement "I want a good man". My reply to them and to everyone who make this claim is that you would not know "a good man" if he came up to you and said "HI". I'm sorry ladies but most of you are still looking for the same attribute in a man that you were looking for in a boy when you were 16. You want someone who drives a nice car, has a body like "the Rock", popular, and looks good on your arms. I can speak on countless examples of being turned down by someone. Only to see them months later with a Thug or someone who I know still lives at home with his mother and have a football team full of kids and baby momma drama. Please tell me why you don't give the nice guys a chance. I know more than my share of beautiful women who want to get married but can't find "a good man". Yet I know they are or have booty calls. Take a lesson from David Justice or Eric Benet (Maybe) they thought they wanted Halle Berry until they had her. Once they said "I Do" they wished they would have said "I Don't". As adults ladies you must wake up. All that glitters is not gold and all things that may seem good may not be good for you. I know I don't have the body of a God but neither do a lot of you. I just know that "I'm a Good man"

Marriage
Tonight me and "The Suz" went out to watch Monday Night Football and the subject of Marriage came up. When ever marriage come up I'm the reference point. Her point was that the reasons marriage fail is because expectations are too high. I agreed to a certain point. Her evidence is that when things get a little roughed the first thing people say is "I'm not in love anymore". "The Suz" continued that people fall in and out of love all the time. People who are married don't want to love, honor and obey. Stressing that this applies to both parties not just to women. Twin here had to defend all the divorced people out there. I let her know that sometime two people are just not compatible. When you are young, you think that LOVE is the answer to everything. I had a lot of people tell me that I was making a mistake and not to do it. Did I listen, "No". That is why they have a term for people like me "Trial Marriage". A Trial Marriage is define as something that happen before 30 and lasting less than 5 years and it produced no children. Do I feel that people expectation of Marriage is to high, YES. But I feel it is suppose to be high. I just feel that people don't work hard at keeping the relationship first in their lives. We (yes we) tend to become complacent or give up when the road is turning and getting rough.

Comments:
You know I'm off the same "trial marriage" boat. Or as I like to think of mine "the starter marriage". One day I'll get married again, but not if I see it coming!!!

KZ
 
Excellent excellent post, twin.

Most of us women wouldn't know "a good man" if he up and fell straight out of the sky to the ground at our feet. Our ideas of what "a good man" is are shaped by our environment (music, media, peers, etc.).

I, too, did the "trial marriage" thing,exactly as you described it. I hope someday to find "a good man", but I realize that I must first be "a good woman"...

Again, great post!!

Ladylee
 
A Good Man

Twin I am new to your site a co-worker of your gave me your site address and I'm also looking for A good man. I do not go with guys for their looks. However, I am a real stuck in the mud about certain issue. I have two children and I have to look for a guy that will be a postive roll model that walk in true integrity and have a high enough of an IQ that every other word is not a three or four letter cuss word. So when I find that man and if he happen to look like the bottom of my shoe then I would marry him. However, I have certain "no go items" that I will not negotiate on.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]