Saturday, August 27, 2005

Thinking about the good ole days.


I'm sitting here on a Saturday night thinking of the good ole days when singer sang and your entertainment dollars went a long way. First and foremost I chillin at home because I got laid-off a few months ago from my job. Money is tight and dating is something that I have put on the backburner until I get a little flow or Ms. Right happens to cross my path. I listening to this CD that bring back memories of when Michael was black and The Jacksons (minus Jermaine) was the hottest ticket you could buy. There was still a debate on whom was better Prince or Michael. You would stand in line all night long to be first in line to get tickets, rain or shine, hot or cold. It was an event for you and your friends to lie to your parents to say that you were staying at each other house. We would go to Cobo Hall or Joe Louis arena and bring sleeping bags, food, drinks and a Boom Box. We would listen to Mojo or pop cassette to whom ever we were getting ticket to go see. It would be a party and of course we would take shifts to see whom would get some heat and sleep in the car. Artist put on a show their was no lip-syncing and weed and those green neon light up things would be in the air.
My first concert that I was able to go with a girl and not my parents was Parliament/Fuckadelic. Her name was Candace Orr, she was 15 or 16 and I was 12 or 13. It was not a date, I'm not saying she was not fine, but she lived across the street and wanted to go. I told her I like the group and she did too. So it was a concert date,but not a date-date. It was one of the best night I had up until that point.
Concert back then were event that you had to attend. The only proof you had that you were there was the next day when you put on the t-shirt with the act on the front. There may have been a fight or two but nobody shot at each other. The group sounded like they did on the album, no hype man or short sets. They had a band with 5 to 15 people playing behind them. You danced in your seat and in the aisle or with the female next to you and sweated the whole night long. The only thing that comes close to that is Frankie Beverly and Maze and once you seen them once you have seen them a thousand time.
Now we go to Jazz concert or slow jams singer like Kem and chill. Very little dancing and no sweating. I miss the good ole days and how life was so simple then.

Comments:
I'm liking you already!! Third Post about a Jackson! You might not be single for long, lol lol I did my piece on the good ole days here is the link:

http://plicious.blogspot.com/2005/08/sunset-monologue-61.html
 
What's up Big Twin? It's ya boy, KZ. Once you check out my blog, you'll figure out who I am. Don't use my real name on your site or I'm a goner! I'm telling the WHOLE TRUTH on my blog. I'll be back home for a visit soon.

Peace.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]