Saturday, August 27, 2005

The SEX of Friendship



I was having a conversation with a couple of friends whom happen to be married. The topic of the day was that can men and women just be friend without sex being part of the issue. The background of this topic is that I have a lot of female friends, some I have slept with, but a majority I have not even kissed ( at least not a real kiss, just a grandma type kiss). It was presented that the pressure may not even come from me but from the women. The basis of this statement was that I'm a well educated person, no kids, and have a nice home and very straight. This along with the shortage of black men, sista can't accepted the fact that I just want to be their friend without any strings attached. I express to them that I like having women in my life on all type of levels. I believe that all women are fascinating creatures. However, I love black women and everything about them. I'm probably one of the few men you know whom will admit to subscribing to Essence Magazine.
Again my point of the topic was that friendship has no boundaries male, female,black,white,etc. I know people who have had friends of the opposite sex for decades without and complications. The jealousy of their new mate usually brings an end to the friendship. I know because I have lost a new "friend" or two because she could not handle my abundance of female friends. I also stated that as we get older we want more than just sex, we want a teammate. Someone who will have our back most of the time along with great sex.
There point of the discussion was that men and women cannot be just friends because sex just get in the way. Therefore, until they work it out, it will always be like the elephant in the room. Something everyone sees but don't want to talk about it.
The topic ended as it had started, with no solid answers just more question and "what if". I don't know where you stand on this topic and I bet everyone has their own opinion.

Comments:
Hmmm - I think that men and womean can be friends - heck we ALL should be friends - it's the lack of our ability to develop friendships that we keep falling into the bed of strangers. I have a couple of Brothas who are friends and I don't ever see me going there - however, I have never met a male who at first wasn't trying to get the panties, lol - but upon failure were man enough to just wanna be in my presence - thus we are friends :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]